Everyone loves to have a hobby and for women, it is something they love to do all the time. As the winter is approaching this is the best thing you can do for planning on a new hobby. It is a very easy to learn and interesting hobby to follow.
The method by which yarn is manipulated for creating a fabric is called as knitting. It creates multiple loops of yarn which are known as stitches which can be in a line or tube. Knitting has multiple stitches which are active on the needle at each time. It consists of a multiple numbers of consecutive rows of interlocking loops. As each row goes by, a new loop is pulled through one or more loops from the previous row, placed on the gaining needle and the loops from the previous row are then pulled off the needle.
Knitting is one of the best hobbies which can follow. Knitting is the method of making woolen stuff. Here in this article, we are going to see how to knit a stunning looking Irish hiking scarf wrist warmers.
1. Two Skeins of worsted weight yarn in Dark blue color.
2. Knitting needles, US 8 (i.e., 5.00 mm)
3. Cable needle or double pointed needle close to the size of your knitting needles
First of all cast on 42 stitches. It might seem like a lot, but once you start working on it time will go on automatically without any distraction and you will start loving it.
The below will be about the Rows in order:
1. Wrong Side: K2,P2, K2,P6,K2, P2, K2,P6, K2, P2, K2,P6, K2, P2,K2>
2. Right Side: K4, P2,K6, P2, K2,P2, K6, P2,K2, P2,K6, P2, K4
3. Wrong Side: Repeat row 1
4. Right Side: Repeat row 2
5. Wrong Side: Repeat row 1
6. Right Side: Repeat row 2
7. Wrong Side: Repeat row 1
8. Right Side: K4, P2,C6F, P2, K2, P2, Cable 6 Front, P2, K2, P2, Cable 6 Front, P2, K4
In the above, P is a Purl and K is a Knit. When you are working on Cable 6 Front you should take your cable needle and slip off three stitches. By keeping it in the front of the work, knit three more stitches on the straight needles, and then knit the three stitches off the cable needle. If you still have a doubt on how to do it there are a lot of videos online which will show you how. Knit it as-long as you want it. Make sure you stop it in row 7 when you complete the pattern.
Wrist warmers are easy to make than another knitting. Here are the steps for doing it.
1. First cast on 36 stitches.
2. Knit K4 P4 for 3.5 inches.
3. Bind off 4 stitches, and then knit the rest of the row. Cast on 4 more stitches, and knit the rest of the row for knitting the thumb.
4. Knit K4P4 for 1.5 inches.
5. Bind off the rest of the row.
6. For sewing the wrist warmer together, first start at the bottom.
7. Sew using the whip stitch and leave 1 inch for your thumb.
8. Then again, go to the top and sew with the whip stitch until you get a hole.
9. Repeat steps 1 – 9 for the second time.
By following this pattern of instructions you knit the wonderful looking Irish Hiking Scarf and Wrist Warmers.